ChrisHayton

ChrisHayton

Finding Eivissa

Finding Eivissa - Henry Martin Disclosure: I purchased “Finding Eivissa” in November 2014. I do not know the author, but I have had communication with him on the Goodreads site. The comments that follow are my own personal opinion. I received NO compensation of any kind, or from anyone, to provide this review.

I enjoyed the Book 1 “Escaping Barcelona” in the “Mad Days of Me” series by Henry Martin. This book is a continuation of the first story. Rudy has escaped Barcelona and arrived on the island of Ibiza by mistake. At nineteen, he still has no money, only a couple street friends who escaped with him, and no way to communicate. This book takes you with Rudy as he attempts to survive on the slow moving resort island and find a way to rebuild his life.

In this book, Rudy matures to some degree. He connects with a young woman from the island and begins an affair. Thanks to this relationship, his health improves, he holds a decent job, and entertains the idea of falling in love. His musings are more reflective on his emotional state and the effect of love on his well being and reactions. His love interest has a very complicated life and Rudy has to decide if he can handle her numerous issues. The other characters in this book were interesting diverse friends, and the story included how they affected his life and his independence. Forced by circumstances, Rudy returns to Barcelona, alone. You will have to read the book to learn more about our young hero.

This writer has an excellent command of first person POV and his writing style and the story flowed quite well. The pace throughout the book was good. I found the ending to slow a bit more than I would have liked, as Rudy questions his love relationship. The book read well no obvious errors.

This book was enjoyable and again Rudy came through as a very likable character. This was Book 2 in the series Mad Days of Me. I’ve already started reading the third and final book in the series. I’m anxious to see how it all ends.