ChrisHayton

ChrisHayton

Eluding Reality

Eluding Reality - Henry Martin

Disclosure: I purchased “Eluding Reality” in November 2014. I do not know the author, but I have had communication with him on the Goodreads site. The comments that follow are my own personal opinion. I received NO compensation of any kind, or from anyone, to provide this review.

This is the last book in The Mad Days of Me series by Henry Martin. I finished this book some time ago and enjoyed this series very much. It's the first trilogy I've read in a long time that left a solid impression and gave me a fictional friend not soon forgotten.

Rudy was a strong, human, real, character. I felt like I knew him and although the entire story takes place over a short time - he became a long time friend. This book was a bit different from the first two, but I felt the writing was stronger and I seemed to draw even closer to the character. The ending was not what I expected, but at the same time, was probably the best way to truly finish Rudy's story.

I would strongly recommend the entire series to anyone. These books left me with the indelible mark of a young man trying to push back his demons, and succeed in a world he barely understood. The satisfaction of this read will last for some time.