ChrisHayton

ChrisHayton

Bloody Friday

Bloody Friday - Edmond Gagnon Disclosure: I purchased “Bloody Friday” from the authors booth at Book Expo in November 2014. I do not know the author personally and have had limited communication with him about this book, except for my purchase of a signed copy at the Expo. The comments that follow are my own personal opinion. I received NO compensation of any kind, or from any one, to provide this review.

I found this story overall to be quite interesting and I enjoyed reading it. The author’s familiarity with police procedure made the story come alive. Character development was good overall, setting descriptions were well done, and the plot was believable. The pace was fast and at no point was it boring or did my attention wane.

On the negative side, the book could have used a professional editor. Extra words popped up in some places, there were numerous echoes, and a few formatting errors. Some emotional reactions seemed out of character, especially Jimmy and Megan. These issues (editing and character reaction) worsened toward the end of the book.

I think the only other concern I had was how predictable the story became and would have preferred a few more surprises especially at the end. I’ve read a great many crime/suspense novels, so other readers may not find this to be an issue.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys police/crime novels. The negatives were generally minor and my overall rating will be 4 stars.